**UPDATE: We are currently figuring out how we will recognize this year’s HS Student Award nominees and winners. As soon as a plan is determined, we will update this webpage and inform school advisors as well as post on social media.
Our chapter hosts an annual video competition for high school students. The Chapter presents the Trently Prize ($1000) to the school that wins the daily newscast category. The Norman Felsenthal Young Producer’s Award ($1500) is presented annually to the student that wins the PSA category.
We received over 140 entries for our 2020 high school awards competition. We are planning to recognize the distinguished nominees and award recipients on Thursday, May 14, 2020, at WHYY-TV in Philadelphia. More information will be released as it’s finalized.
– View the 2020 Call For Entries.
– Check the 2020 List of Categories to see where your entry belongs.
– Login or Set up your free User Account to access the entry system.
– Students who aren’t members do not need an account. Just list their name on the entry form as an unregistered user.
– Submit information about your entry here.
– Upload your video by the deadline to compete in this year’s competition.
The awards are usually presented in May at an educational event for students in eastern Pennsylvania.
– Want to be a NATAS Member? Student Membership information
– Trently Prize ($1000) for the school that wins the daily newscast category.
– Norman Felsenthal Young Producer’s Award ($1500) is presented to the student that wins the PSA category.
– Pillars are awarded to the school. Order individual award pillars at Chapter Store.
– The 2019 High School Student Production Awards Recipients.
– The 2019 Student Nominees.
How to Enter and FAQs
NATAS Student membership just $10, click here.
To set up a user account to access the entry system, click here.
To submit an entry for the competition, click here.
Previous Award winners wishing to purchase personalized awards, click here to visit our Chapter store. (Click the arrow to the right to see our student pillars).
Regional Students Nominated for National Student Award
Congratulations to Parkland High School students Mary Dalton and Graham Burrell who were recognized as National Student Production Award Nominees for their entry “Cruising Over Cancer” in the “General Assignment- Serious” category. Dalton, Burrell and advisor Dave Thomas were awarded the Mid-Atlantic chapter’s Student Production Award in May and advanced to the National competition where they received a nomination for their work. The full list of 2018 National Student Production Nominees is available at on the National NATAS website. For more information, visit http://emmyonline.com/nationalstudent.
If you wish to purchase a personalized pillar awards, click here.
To view our photo gallery, click here.